The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) supports Agricultural Education in our Illinois schools as an important component of one of the most important industries in Illinois – the Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources (AFNR) industry. Agriculture has a major impact on the State’s economy and the industry is eager for additional potential employees in the pipeline to fill the demand for hundreds of careers. Nowhere is this support more evident than in the support of the Agricultural Education specific line item in the ISBE budget. See the current ISBE budget for appropriations and proposed funding levels.
Stop the Bleed Training
IS SO IMPORTANT!
- 22 school shootings resulting in fatalities through July 2019.
- Approximately 187,000 students in the US have experienced school shootings since Columbine.
- The American College of Trauma Surgeons with the US Department of Defense and Homeland Security initiated the Stop the Bleed training following the Sandy Hook massacre in 2012.
- Stop the Bleed’s goal: hands-on training of non-healthcare providers with very simple & basic techniques that will stop life-threatening bleeding.
- The training is FREE!
- It only takes 1 hour.
- Appropriate for all administrators, educators, office & school staff. Appropriate for high school students.
Schedule your 1-hour training today!
There is nothing more tragic than a bleeding death that could have been prevented.