School Counseling Resources
- Holland's Codes: Use this tool to quickly (under 10 minutes) gauge a student's career strengths and interests. Most useful for students in grades 7-12
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: The above assessment will issue you multiple career codes based on your results. While here, you can use that code to discover more about the future of those jobs at the national level. Write down your top codes and enter them in the search bar (top of the chart, first gray block-you may have to scroll down just a little!
- Illinois Department of Employment Security: Use the codes from the Holland's inventory to find information regarding job trends within Illinois. For this one, you will need to download or open a .PDF file and locate your code manually. They are in numerical order so, it should be easy to find.
- Reality Check: Guide your students in a conversation regarding whether or not their career choices are fiscally responsible. Target areas and lifestyles according to their interest and let them determine whether or not they will have the means to support their future endeavors.
- Illinois Fact Sheet: The ISBE CTE Fact Sheet is an interactive tool that can be used for high school and post-secondary planning. It contains information on stackable credentials, NCRC WorkKeys Student Awards, and other CTE based information that can be used to help students with their planning. Would you like to share this information with students at an open house or planning session? Contact Leah Brock at email@example.com or your local EFE Director for more information on how to obtain a large quantity of these pre-printed brochures. Or, download and print from the link as a .PDF file.
- Mike Rowe: Mike Rowe (of TV's "Dirty Jobs") is a valued supporter of CTE programs. His page (Profoundly Disconnected) is full of useful information and tools that can support CTE development in your communities.
- Follow this series HERE.
- Interactive tool that spotlights job opportunities throughout the country
- Report methodology shared HERE. Contains information on the series and includes statistics.
- Find the special HERE
School Counseling Links
- CTE Career Profiles
- Summer Academy 2016
- Counselor Academy 2016
- Counselors' Toolkit
- Helpful Links
- Sample Lesson Plan - Making a Career Choice
- CTE in Illinois
- Illinois School Counselor Association
- Counselor Academy
- Individualized Learning Plans
|View Blog Archives|
News & Announcements
PLTW event for Counselors
A conference for counselors on PLTW. For those interested in the programming, or for updates from veteran programs.
Summer Academy 2015 Video
Check out what we did during Summer Academy this year! Let us know your favorite part and we hope to see you next year! Click here to leave us a comment about how we can make Summer Academy better! http://ilcte.org/support/
|View All News/Announcements|